Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mommy! Kaylee's Eating the Cake

"Mommy! Kaylee's eating the cake" are not the words I wanted to wake up to this morning. I have been selling cakes from home because it's just plain fun and I don't want to gain weight by eating my own cakes. I did two cakes for today. One German Chocolate ( which has become my best seller) and a pirate cake. It was not an easy task because Kaylee is once again teething. She has three teeth coming in. All I can say is I am thankful they are all coming in at once instead of one at a time, through a drawn out process. It has been hard though. Kaylee has hurt so much that She hasn't slept more than an hour solid for the past three days. This morning she slept for three but Jaedon got p only an hour after she went to sleep. So I started the cakes last night and only got as far as Jeremy's patience held. I left everything on my working station. The boys know not to touch it and Kaylee can't reach. I stayed up with Kaylee and slept on the couch so Jeremy could let me sleep in the morning. He made good on that promise and I went to sleep. The boys came running up the stairs two very short hours later. I was confused at first and asked ho in the world Kaylee could reach it when I got my answer. She climbed on a chair with a spoon. Too smart for her own good.


And happy about it. Her smug look made me laugh and erased any anger I felt when first waking up.




Ibaked another layer to the cake. Very neatly cut out all of Kaylee's section (don't want to share germs) and layered and recovered it. I think it still came out okay. You can't tell unless you notice the difference in color. It's slight but I can tell.






I boxed the cakes as soon as I was done.