Saturday, July 24, 2010

Family Home Evening

Tonight we had one of the best Family Home Evenings we've had in a while. I borrowed the Movie Toy Story. I have never let them watch it before because they are very sensitive to violence and I was afraid Sid, the child next door, might scare them. But we watch the Disney channel and they have seen previews for Toy Story 3, so I thought it was about time. So all day today we have been talking about Toy Story and watching it. We coupled that with Toy Story bath toys and a Toy Story book during story time and they were giggling with excitement. So we told them they could stay up late and watch the movie after a bath and putting on Toy Story pajamas. They thought life was wonderful. They sat the whole time never fighting about space or blankets. Jaedon gave Jeremy a truly heart felt thank you and even Kaylee laid on the floor with her own blanket. Afterword we had a nice conversation and chocolate and strawberry milk and then they all went to bed without any hassle. I enjoyed it so much I was thinking about what would be an appropriate length of time before we could do it again for FHE when Jeremy surprised me and told me how much he enjoyed it to and what great kids we have. I am so glad the Prophet councils us to have FHE and even more glad that my family can enjoy it.