Saturday, March 26, 2011

Training Wheels


Time to be done with training wheels. Last week JJ rode his brothers bike and broke one of his training wheels. I wasn't mad about the wheel, things happen, but I didn't want to buy new ones when I feel like JJ is so close to not needing his. I also wanted JJ to help fix what he had broken. So we took the training wheels off JJs bike and with so careful engineering we replaced Jaedons training wheels. I expected to teach JJ how to ride with out his training wheels and get to share in the experience. I was wrong. As soon as we got Jaedons wheels fixed JJ picked up his bike and was gone. No trouble at all. He can't do all of his dare devil moves like he used to but I believe its just a matter of time. I wanted to show him how proud of him I was and how great it is to accomplish this step in his learning so I made him a special breakfast. It was great. All his favorite breakfast foods and special pancakes to boot. I used a turkey baster and two spachulas and got bicycle pancakes. I made about 100 of them and we feasted. So much fun!! I love you JJ and GREAT JOB!!!