Monday, May 31, 2010

8 Miles

The Saturday of Memorial Day weekend I got the idea that I wanted to walk from Harpers Ferry to Shepherdstown down the C & O Canal. We decided not to take that particular walk, much to my dismay, but went for a long walk anyways. We walked a little over eight miles. Four plus one way and then back. It was so much fun it was blissful. It took a little over three hours and the boys walked about seven of the miles. The wonderful things were the boys not fighting and no one complained or didn't like the lunch I made. Jeremy is a treasure trove of knowledge I never stop learning when he talks to the boys and me. It was so beautiful. Kaylee walked some but for the most part sat in the stroller and sang. I loved it. It was great family time.



Peanut Butter Sandwiches for lunch














Cottonwood trees covered the road