Thursday, January 13, 2011

Like a Little Child

Today we went to lunch at McDonald's. It is one of the newer one with a large TV tuned into CNN. JJ started watching TV and asking lots of questions about the shooting in AZ. They replayed some of the speech given by Obama last night encouraging us to live our lives for the little girl who can no longer liver hers. I felt touched by the thought but I was unaware how much it was touching JJ as well. After it was over JJ said to me "I know you don't like Obama very much but I think he's right. Can we do something for the little girl." I was surprised he knows my political views and glad he is starting to understand what is going on by watching the news. So i asked him what he wanted to do for the little girl. My heart melted when he told me he wanted to give the little girl all of his birthday money and two of his toys. I started crying. We made a compromise and hes going to donate two of his toys and write letters to everyone hurt in the shooting. I is days like today that I understand what Christ meant by being like a little child. Not being ignorant of whats going on but learning what we can and opening our hearts to those around us. I love my kids and don't know where I would be without them.